A slightly more advanced version is to make your own gel. This way you ensure that your potion is 100% natural. You can also use distilled water, or aloe juice for the liquid part of the gel. But I like to make up a gel using hydrosols. When you add essential oils and herbal oils you make a powerful healing potion. Or you could leave out the essential oils to treat puppies or other sensitives.
|100 ml||Hydrosol of your choice|
|1 teaspoon xanthan gum||(available in some health food stores and many aromatherapy supplies)|
Use either a hand mixer or blender to make the gel.
- First warm the bowl or blender with boiling water. This sterilizes the container and makes the hydrosol gel more easily.
- Pour hydrosol into the warmed bowl/blender
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum on top of the hydrosol
- Whisk for about 5 minutes, or until the xanthan gum has completely dissolved and the gel has thickened.
- The gel should be thick enough to hold its shape in your hand without spreading when dropped from a teaspoon.
- In any of the following recipes you can use an appropriate hydrosol gel instead of aloe Vera gel.
- Reference: The Aromatic Dog: Nayana Morag